This course is part of the foundation Skill Set for our Certificate in Aquaculture but can also be taken individually by students wanting to develop a better understanding of Working Effectively in Aquaculture.
What you’ll learn in this course:
- Brief outline of the Seafood and Aquaculture Industry supply chain and job roles in the industry
- Important steps in working effectively in the aquaculture industry
- Using company documentation to help work
- How to supervise staff to perform basic tasks
- Important aspects of workplace safety
- The basic biological requirements of fish under culture
- The importance of environmental sustainability
- Animal Welfare issues in the aquaculture industry
- Biosecurity and Zoonses and how these affect the industry
About this course:
Aquaculture is a rapidly growing primary industry around the world which now supplies more than half the seafood consumed in the world today. This course forms part of the of our Certificate in Aquaculture but can also be taken individually by students wanting to develop a better understanding of the aquaculture industry and working in the industry.
The course outlines a number of the common positions you may work in. It covers the steps in undertaking work in the aquaculture industry and the importance of using company documentation to both undertake and supervise staff undertaking routine tasks in the workplace. The course also covers Chain in Command and the use of workplace documents to help manage work procedures. It also contains tips on Workplace Safety, and the potential risks of working in the aquaculture industry. Students will also learn about other important factors to consider in the workplace including animal welfare, providing the basic biological requirements for aquatic animals and biosecurity. A great introduction for new workers to the industry and as part of an onboarding or staff induction program.