This course is part of the foundation Skill Set for our Certificate in Aquaculture but can also be taken individually by students wanting to develop a better understanding of Efefctive Communications in their Workplace.
What you’ll learn in this course
• An introduction to the seafood industry including wild fisheries and aquaculture
• Basic aquaculture production systems and associated activities or technology
• Common aquaculture species including classification, naming formats and life stages
• Ways to effectively communicate in the workplace
• Basic arithmetic for aquaculture
About this course
Aquaculture is a rapidly growing primary industry around the world which now supplies more than half the seafood consumed in the world today. This course forms part of the of our Certificate in Aquaculture but can also be taken individually by students wanting to develop a better understanding of the aquaculture industry and working in the industry.
Effective communication is important to the success of any organisation and this course provides you with effective ways for communication in the workplace. It also introduces students to some of the common definitions and terminology used in the industry. Is also includes a brief history and overview of the seafood and aquaculture industry, as well as the taxonomy of common aquaculture species. This is a great introduction for anyone new to the industry and ideal for new workers to the industry and as part of an onboarding or staff induction program